This dress was made for a seersucker ride that I met up for and then didn't actually ride with the group.
Later, I went on a hike near Folsom Lake in the dress.
Made with 100% cotton black and white seersucker with black buttons for the dress and black with white polka
dotted cotton for the bra top.
Pattern: Simplicity 1166
Blouse came out pretty good in cotton seersucker stripes.
I did't think I would like the blouse and it came out the cutest.
Measurements said I should be between a size 16 and 18. I made a size 14 with a little extra in the hips and it turned out fine.
I had to shorten the sleeves 2" so they would look like 3/4 sleeves.
Simplicity 1166 Bra, however is not quite right. I could tell on the pattern that there was too much ease on the
one they made for the model.
So, again, I made a size 14 and it was funkier than the cover. For a snug fit, may need to go down 2 or three sizes.
I had to shorten the straps 2" and took in the side backs by 3/8" on each side
(for a total reduction of 1.5" - also the bulk gives it a faux bone effect). Bra is still kind of ridiculous,
but fits better. Definitely use heavier interfacing and make sure that one button is sewn down well.
The skirt has hidden pockets and buttons down the front which is nice. I was a bit optimistic on the sizing and made a
size a smidge too small for me so ended up adding a hook and eye between the waistband and first button so that the
fabric doesn't pull open. A heavier interfacing for the wide waistband will help keep it from wrinkling and buckling.
Completed: April 2015